New association recognizes growing momentum of iC3D application in the FMCG and luxury packaging sectors.
Dover, DE, USA (1st April 2016) – Creative Edge Software, developer of the award-winning iC3D packaging design software, has signed up to become a key sponsor of the international Pentawards organization. The agreement confirms a three-year commitment to the prestigious annual Pentawards competition which recognizes the very best in packaging design from more than 50 countries worldwide.
According to Nick Gilmore, CEO of Creative Edge Software, the decision to support Pentawards marks a significant milestone in the company’s development. “Just three years since our founding, we are now at the point where a growing number of the most celebrated packaging designs – such as those submitted for the Pentawards competition – were originated and have come to fruition using our flagship iC3D software.”
“Our reputation to date has been achieved primarily through word-of-mouth but we feel the time is now right to stand up and be counted,” says Gilmore. “With the critical acclaim of a growing number of leading packaging design professionals and agencies under our belts, the Pentawards is the ideal environment to reinforce the unique and cross-discipline capabilities of the iC3D proposition for all the packaging categories involved.”
iC3D has been used for packaging designs in all the five Pentawards categories – luxury, beverages, food, body and other markets – across a range of production methods and applications, including cartons, labels and flexibles for bottles, shrink sleeves/wraps, and POS/POP. The unique capabilities of iC3D allow on-the-fly, real-time generation of 3D digital mockups on multiple objects, including custom-designed shapes. For brand owners, retailers, agencies and designers iC3D dramatically reduces time to market and overall costs, while actively enhancing and facilitating a collaborative creative process.
Key features of iC3D include:
- All-in-one design software – 3D digital mockups for cartons, labels and flexibles, on-the-fly
- Direct link to Adobe Illustrator – real-time creation and editing of artwork, (.ai or PDF)
- 3D model creation – creates complex, assymetric models quickly and easily
- SmartShrink™ – apply artwork to any object;
- shrink to fit in seconds, not hours
- accurate visualization of distortion plus shrink correction
- Photo-realism – ultra high-resolution combined with new Ray Tracing, image–based lighting and accurate photo studio effects to replicate in-store environments
- In-store visualization – real-time staging on shelves, gondolas and chiller displays
- Proof and share – Save, print, export as hi-res renders, PDF/3D PDFs, animations, movies or 3D-printed models; cloud share with iC3D opsis using any browser
Open to designers, agencies, brand owners, packaging suppliers and students, more than 1600 entries from 52 countries vied for the top honors of the 2015 Pentawards. Applications open this month for the 2016 competition, with the awards ceremony taking place in Shanghai on 23 September. Thirteen judges from ten countries will decide the winners of five trophies in each category. Selected gold award winners will also receive iC3D software worth $11,500.