Joint exhibit with Workflowz (stand F72) marks UK rollout of new photorealism for 3D digital packaging mockups
8th September 2016 – Workflowz, leading provider of software solutions for the creative industry and Creative Edge Software, developer of the award-winning iC3D packaging design software, will be exhibiting together at Packaging Innovations and Luxury Packaging, London Olympia (14th and 15th September) on stand F72. The highlight of the joint exhibit is the official UK rollout of iC3D version 4.0, featuring new improved 3D visualisation technologies and photorealism for a streamlined packaging design cycle, from concept to final packshot.
According to Nick Gilmore, CEO of Creative Edge Software, the additional focus on luxury brands at Packaging Innovations this year makes the event especially suited to this first UK showing of iC3D version 4.0 software, which was announced at drupa 2016.
“iC3D has reduced the packaging design time-to-market from months down to days for many successful brands. Through our powerful, all-in-one, 3D packaging design application we have enabled users to create accurate on-screen 3D mockups on-the-fly at any stage in the design process for any packaging type or application,” comments Gilmore. “Version 4.0 provides the missing link for luxury brands because we have now refined its visualisation capabilities to the photorealistic standards required for full creative acceptance from luxury brand owners and designers.”
With iC3D v4.0, five new features have been developed specifically to address these requirements:
- Ray Tracing – accurately simulates effects of light on virtual objects for photorealistic, ultra-high-resolution, accurate photo studio effects
- 3D Model Interiors – enables realistic liquid filling, at any angle
- Light Map Editor – re-creates studio lighting, editable highlights and shadows
- Dynamic Backgrounds – real-time merging of 2D photo images with 3D designs
- Perspective Control – matches 3D model perspective to 2D photo backgrounds
These new features allow accurate simulation of a wide range of optical and visual effects. Using Ray Tracing technology, glass and liquids in particular look 100 percent realistic for transparency, translucence, color, refractive index, reflections and shadows.
Additional key features of iC3D v4.0 include:
- All-in-one design software – 3D digital mockups for bottles, tins, cartons, labels, flexible bags and shrink film.
- Direct link to Illustrator – real-time creation and artwork editing (.ai or PDF)
- 3D model creation – Shape Modeller creates complex models quickly and easily
- apply artwork to any object;
- shrink to fit in seconds, not hours
- accurate visualization of distortion plus shrink correction
- In-store visualisation – real-time staging on shelves, gondolas, chillers in retail stores
- Proof and share – Save, print, export hi-res renders, PDF/3D PDFs, animations, movies or 3D-printed models; cloud share with iC3D opsis using any browser.
Alan Dixon, Managing Director of Workflowz comments: “iC3D complements our portfolio of products for the design and packaging sector, the new version 4 is a real game changer and we are looking forward to showing the new features. iC3D is simple and intuitive, giving specialist capabilities in one easy-to-use application and benefits from being able to share the visuals online with colleagues, clients and co-workers.”
Workflowz and Creative Edge Software are available throughout the event to provide face-to-face demonstrations of iC3D v4.0, personalised to requirements and production methods. To schedule a demonstration ahead of Packaging Innovations please contact:
Abigail Arris – email: email@example.com, tel: +44 1276 685295